Clinical Orientation Manual
The Collegiate Nurse Educators of Greater Kansas City and the Kansas City Area Nurse Executives have jointly developed both a generic clinical orientation agreement and an orientation handbook.
The 2016-17 Orientation Manual includes the following.
- The agreement, which includes a description of assumptions regarding faculty and staff roles in clinical education, documentation and record keeping requirements for faculty and students, as well as agency specific and faculty orientation expectations.
- The orientation handbook provides a generic orientation — based on Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Medicare regulations and recommendations from the Association of Professional Infection Control (APIC) — for faculty use with students.
- CNE/KCANE Orientation Competency Exam
- Nursing students should read the 2016-17 Orientation Manual.
- Take the online CNE/KCANE Orientation Competency Exam through your school’s testing system. Please see your instructor for further details.
If you have any questions concerning the Clinical Orientation Manual or the CNE /KCANE Orientation Competency Exam, please contact your clinical faculty instructor. This handbook is designed to be used at the beginning of the clinical education program with review and retesting for competency on an annual basis thereafter. Students and faculty are expected to demonstrate 90 percent competency annually prior to clinical experiences. Test results will be kept on file at the nursing program.